Thursday, May 11, 2006

DYB RR

I haven't posted anything in a long time! My youngest son needed eye surgery. That is over and done with and his eyes are looking better each day! Thank goodness. Now I am able to breathe again. I was so overwhelmed by this that I wasn't able to do anything creative. I just couldn't make a decision. Not that that is ever easy for me on a good day! lol But I think I'm back now.

I am in a RR with CQInternational. This is a DYB one. You get to complete an entire block and then pass them on. There are 6 of us so there are 6 blocks. These blocks will be traveling to California USA, Oregon USA, Japan, Colorado USA, New York (me) USA, and Alberta Canada. I should be so well traveled!

Here is a picture of one of Leslies blocks that I was finally able to finish. I hand dyed the silk ribbon. And I made the needle tatted butterfly on the bottom!! It took a few tries before I had something that resembled a butterfly. lol My inspiration for this block was the butterfly charm in the center. The package says "Pure Allure Floral Inspirations" Floral sliders featuring Swarovski Crystals. They are beautiful. I also picked up some yellow ones. There are other colors but the store was out of them. I will be looking for more! The lace motif is painted using Lumiere by Jacquard. I think that there is a bit too much gold in the piece. When I dabbed at it to remove some, all that came off was more color. I will have to play with this a bit more. And that's not a bad thing!

I'll be back shortly with a few more pictures I have to share.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Glad that your son eyes will be ok, your son and his eyes are so precious...
These DYb's are such fun..
Lovely work on this block..Swarovski Crystals are so special and add sparkle to the block.