Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cloth Doll


Cloth Doll
Originally uploaded by sewquilty.

I made a little more progress this afternoon. I finished the ruffle around her neck. I also added the lace and ruffle around each wrist. Her hands are finally painted and no longer look like she was wearing gloves. I think her hands look much nicer with the fingers interlocking. You can see less flaws. Maybe I should put something in her hands? Hummm, I'll have to think on that. And the waistband of the skirt just isn't working for me. lol I'll have to play with it a bit. I have what I think is the perfect fabric for the shoes. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to play with that. I am way too tired to start tonight. I know I'll just get frustrated. And then comes the hair. I have absolutely no idea on that one. I think I should practice on one of the many "extra" heads I have in a small plastic bin on my sewing table.
Well, I am proud of myself for coming as far as I have with this. I have always admired these dolls and never thought I'd be able to do one. I am already trying to think which one I want to do next!

1 comment:

Elizabet said...

I absolutly adore this little doll, with her ruffle and interlocked fingers!
Maybe one day I can make something like it...
Can't wait to see what the finished doll looks like.