Thursday, November 01, 2007

A whole lot of nothing



That is what I've been up to lately. I don't think there is a creative cell left in my body! And what a process it is just to make a decision too. (Way too much stressful "stuff" going on here at home) So, I have decided to make a quilt. I used a pattern that didn't involve any thinking what so ever. Alternating 9 patches. I wanted to make a quilt for my older sister and she likes yellow. I used neutrals and bits of yellow in the center. Well, while I do like this quilt it isn't "pretty". I am not very close to my sister(s), but she deserves a pretty quilt! This quilt will go to my husband who has said that the other quilts are too small. This one is a bit bigger. And he really doesn't care about color or pattern and I do like this quilt. It is peaceful if a quilt can be called that. Anyway, I am machine quilting around the blocks and then I will hand quilt inside the blocks. My winter project.

As for my sisters quilt I was thinking soft colors. Pinks and yellows. Probably a flower basket pattern of some sort.

Before I get to that though, I do have 2 bald cq dolls waiting for their hair and wings for the CQI swap. I think I am probably up to the mailing date by now. I am so far behind in my emails also.

Oh, and there is another doll whose skirt is still just ribbon pinned to her waist. I bet she would like to be finished. Did I mention that she is also bald. Just as bald as another doll that I completed. Do you think I have hair "issues"?

I hope to be back soon!

1 comment:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

We all get this way,so don't fret. Your creative muse has gone on vacation for a while, but she will not leave you. Take time to do what you need and want to do and I promise you will return to creating your beautiful things.