Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Under the Sea


Under the Sea
Originally uploaded by sewquilty.

Here is a picture of my completed block. It measures 8 X 6 and it is a charity block for CQInternational. This will be part of a wallhanging that will hang in a childrens cancer center.
This block has threads, lace, funky fibers, beads, sequins,3 different shell beads, charms and whatever else thrown in. Once you start adding things it is hard to stop. In fact, I just might have to add a few more shells at the bottom in the center. I'm just afraid it will be getting too heavy.
I still have many shells left so I have started another block that will be for me. It is pretty similar to this one. The block is pieced and I did the seam treatments already. In fact, the mermaid is half done.
To make the mermaid I drew it on paper first. I really can't draw, but I do like to doodle. Anyway, I then traced it onto muslin and pinned that to the block. Then I beaded over it. Easy! I was afraid that it would pucker too much, but surprisingly it didn't.

No comments: