Friday, November 10, 2006

Embroidery Sampler


I'm taking a class at Joggles. Personal Library of Stitches with Sharon Boggon. This is a picture of my sampler so far. I am making them small to start. If I'm not happy with it I can just toss it. No stress here.
I've started with the Guilloche Stitch. I am using all green threads for this sample. The right and bottom border is started with DMC pearl #5.These are then woven with a very shiny (and slippery) ribbon. The french knots are done with DMC wool. The stem stitch is done with 6 ply DMC floss. Now, the opposite of these are done with the same threads, just in different places. These are woven with the DMC wool and the french knots are done with the ribbon.
The vertical row is started with DMC wool and woven with DMC #4 cotton. The stem stitch is done with pearl #5 and then I whipped around it with Pearl #8. I'm thinking of putting beads in the center this one instead of french knots.
I am really enjoying this! I should be back soon with an update.

No comments: