Friday, January 19, 2007

DYB RR


DYB RR block#5
Originally uploaded by sewquilty.

I was rearranging my sewing room again. It just wasn't working the way I had set it up. I even sat on the floor and sorted my fabrics by color. Well, my quilting cottons that I keep in a big tub under the table. Joanns had a good sale and I picked up more fabric to make a quilt to match the wallhanging that I finished. If that room wasn't such a mess all the time I could have pieced a quilt by now!
I finally found my blocks from a DYB RR that I was in. This was a great RR!! A lot of fun. I am planning to put my blocks together into a wallhanging. I laid them all out and was intimidated by them! They are such great blocks I really didn't know where to start on the one I have to finish. I was actually thinking I would just use the 5 completed bocks. Chicken that I am! I'm going to have to hang these blocks up until I get inspired to finish the last one.
This weeks stitch in TAST is detached chain. This was the first stitch I learned as a child but I called it lazy daisy. And I am sad to say that I can't remember who taught it to me. I hope it was a book and that is why I can't remember. I haven't started that sampler yet. Behind already! Seems to be the story of my life.

No comments: