Originally uploaded by sewquilty.
I just had to sit and try this. I marked the outline with pencil and filled in using different stitches. For the top row I used cretan stitch on the left and on the right I used herringbone stitch. The bottom row I used my old favorite the fly stitch and then the chevron stitch.
I sat down and did the cretan stitch and fly stitch to compare them. I had a little time yet and decided to catch up on some blog reading. While at Jo's blog I saw a leaf she did in herringbone stitch and loved it. I just had to try that one also. And then the chevron. Unfortunately I can't do this all day but I will hopefully continue trying this shape with other stitches. So, thanks Jo for the inspiration! What fun!!